Tips For Vegan Bodybuilding Meal Plan
If you are on a vegan diet, for a health, religious or ethical reason, it is hard enough to strictly follow the specific diet regimen. So if you are trying to build up ripped and chiselled body while maintaining your vegan diet regimen, it is double or triple harder! When you try to build up muscle to achieve ripped and chiselled body, the important thing is that you combine bodybuilding training with specific diet. These two have to come together. How ever hard you train and exercise, unless you consume proper nutrients, you will never be able to achieve your goal. Even worse, you could lose weight with strenuous workouts without enough nutrients.
Generally speaking, vegetarians eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains and avoid meat, fish and fowl. Lacto-vegetarians can eat dairy products as well and lacto-ovo vegetarians can eat dairy products and eggs. However vegans avoid all animal products including eggs and dairy products and purely eat plant foods only. As we all know, protein is an essential nutrient when it comes to building muscles. So how can you build your muscle without eating any animal products which are great source of protein? Well, it is quite possible. All you need is good knowledge of food and nutrients and creativity.
So let’s take a look at some tips for vegan bodybuilding meal plan. You need to know about plant based protein and wisely consume it.
Here’s 7 Simple Tips For A Vegan Bodybuilding Meal Plan
1. Drink plant based milk alternatives such as almond milk, coconut milk, rice mile, soy milk and so on. They are actually much healthier than normal milk and provide various nutrients as well as great source of protein. You can use them for cooking as well, just replace milk or cream with plant based milk alternatives.
2. Use plant based protein powder instead of milk based one and make vegan protein shake or smoothies with fruit and vegetables.
3. Eat lots of high calorie and nutrient rich fruits and vegetables. Bananas are perfect; they are packed with fantastic nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and so on. They are easy to eat and great as ingredients for healthy muscle building protein shake. Pumpkins are other good example; you can bake or steam them, or make nutrient rich pumpkin soup.
4. Consume omega-3 fats rich food such as walnuts, tofu and flaxseed oil.
5. Beans and seeds provide fantastic plant based protein. They are really versatile foods, just use your creativity and imagination. You can make rental burgers, beans and rental soup and so on. Carry around a packet of seeds for your healthy muscle building snack.
6. Eat organic whole grain carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are essential to muscle growth. Choose organic and whole grain carbohydrates, such as brown rice, whole grain breads, whole grain pasta and so on.
7. If you find it hard to consume certain type of nutrients from vegan diet, you can take plant based supplement to compensate.
If you organize your vegan bodybuilding meal plan carefully and compensate deficient nutrients with some supplements such as vitamin B 12 and regularly do bodybuilding workouts, it is not as hard as you think to achieve your goal of chiselled body while maintaining vegan diet regimen.